it’s been damn long since i last read a book. got myself Nicholas Sparks’s first novel, The Notebook, from the library on saturday and it kept me company in the office today.
watched the movie on sidereel after that. with the benefit of reading it beforehand, i could still pretty much understand without subtitles. of cos, the motion pictures made a greater impact on my emotions and it’s touching! well, quite a lot of details were cut away from the novel itself but still, the storyline was brought across.. anyways, many of his novels are made into movies and they are always great! you can watch it HERE.
talking about that, one of his books i’ve read earlier on is coming out in the theatres soon too and i’ve added it to my to-watch list as shown below..
- The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian (29th May)
- The Mummy 3: Tomb of the Dragon Empire (24th July)
- Nights in Rodanthe (16th October)
- Harry Potter & the Half-Blood Prince (20th November)
- Madagascar 2: The Crate Escape (4th December)
- Ice Age 3: Dawn of the Dinosaurs (Sometime in 2009)
as you can see, all except one of them are sequels to movies previously shown on screens. so yup, #3: Nights in Rodanthe is the novel i was talking about! heh, can’t wait! *grins